Summary of the poem helps students to get the gist of the entire poem. It becomes helpful when rhymes are difficult to understand. Also, it helps in clearly comprehending the actual meaning of the poem. Sometimes students are not able to understand the message conveyed by the poet and interpret some other meaning. So, it’s important for students to understand the poem so as to comprehend its theme and the message conveyed through it. In this article, we will explain the benefits of writing the summary of the poem and how it helps in class 10 board exam preparation.
Use Summary Writing to Increase Your Score in English Subject
Summary writing is understanding the main theme of the poem. It conveys the poet’s message and his feelings in the form of the poetry. In class 10, students have two English books. One is the main course book named “First Flight”, and the other is a supplementary reader named “Footprints without Feets”. The poems are in the main course book, i.e., First Flight. So, for scoring good marks in class 10 English subjects, students need to learn to write a summary of the poem. Here are a few points which will help students in writing the summary of the poem.
- Read the poem at least 2 or 3 times.
- Understand the style of the poem.
- Identify the structure of the poem.
- Try to comprehend the meaning of each poem in stanza-wise. In this way, the poem will break into smaller pieces, and it would be easier for students to interpret the meaning of stanzas.
- Students should search and write down the meaning of the words which they find difficult.
After going through these points, students should try to write a summary of the poem in their own words. They can write the class 10 English First Flight poem summary of chapter 3, i.e., The Ball Poem Summary. By building the summary writing habit, students will improve their English Reading and Writing skills as well. They will also feel confident, and their command over English subject will improve.
Advantages of English Poem Summary
There are numerous advantages of writing the summary of the poem and referring to it while studying. Suppose students have written the How to Tell Wild Animals Summary of chapter 3 English class 10 First Flight book for its own understanding. Now, this summary will help them in the following ways to prepare for the class 10 English paper.
- After knowing the summary of the poem, students can easily answer the exercise questions.
- They will recall the complete poem and its explanation by having a look at the summary.
- They will develop reading and comprehending skills.
- Their vocabulary will improve.
- They will be able to understand the message conveyed through the poem and able to write in their own words.
- During the revision, the summary of the poem will save their time and give a brief overview of the message conveyed in the poem.
We hope this information must have helped students in their board exam preparation for English subject. Students should keep working and studying hard for their board exam. We wish all the best to them.