All you need to know about Windows 8
Windows 8 the new operating system from Microsoft is going to release officially this year with so much expectations. Although windows 7 also support touch screen devices but Windows 8 is specially designed for Touch devices and that’s why it has tile based user interface so that it can be easily used on touch devices. If you look back at the history of Microsoft Windows we came to know that they release a one good version but soon after that they introduce a totally failed version(i hope this is not the case with Windows 8). Windows 8 is all about swipe, slide, zoom and all i natural way. Built on a core platform of Windows 7 its fast, reliable and fluid interface will make you feel happy.
Will My System Be Able To Run Windows 8?
When ever a new version of Windows released the first question is asked whether or not it will run on my old computer and will it support all my software’s and drivers. Well you don’t need to worry about as we all know that Microsoft always cares about it customers and that’s why they have created to tool which will assess your system and software for Windows 8 Compatibility. Just download the tool from the link given below, run it and it will show a report about your system and software’s compatibility.
Windows 8 System Requirements.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
Microsoft has just released Windows 8 Consumer Preview edition after the release of Windows 8 Developer Preview Edition. Its a good time to check the upcoming version of windows before it officially released. You may find some buys or crashes while you work on this version as Windows 8 is still under development and not release officially yet. You can download Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO file from official Microsoft website or via torrent file as well.
Official Product Key by Microsoft: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J
How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview from an ISO image.
After downloading the ISO image you need to burn it on DVD in order to use it. The best free tool available for Windows 7 is Windows Disc Image Burner. Windows XP and Vista users have to install third party software which can burn ISO image like ISO recorder tool. After you successfully burn image on DVD its time for you to install it on your system.
Install and Dual Boot Windows 8 Consumer Preview with Windows 7 via ISO image.
If you don’t want to burn ISO image to DVD than there is another option for you to install Windows 8. Also some of you may not want to upgrade your existing Windows 7 and try this new operating system with Windows 7. For new installation obviously you want a new partition on your system with minimum 20GB space.
1. After creating partition its time for you to download PowerISO free version. Install the software and run it from your start menu.
2. Now click on Mount Image to Drive and browse the ISO image file you just downloaded.
3. You will see a new Virtual drive in windows, Right click on that drive and select “Open in a new Window”.
4. Go to sources folder and double click on Setup.exe file in order to start the installation.
5. You will see options like Upgrade or Custom Installation while installing Windows 8. Just select Custom installation to install a fresh copy of Windows 8.
6. After that follow the on screen instructions and it will automatically install Windows 8 on your new partition.