Blogging is a very well-known term nowadays though the history of “blog” or “blogging” is not so old. Blogging started in early 1990s and within less than 15 years of its birth, it has become a very popular and effective platform to express personal thoughts as well as to carry out discussions regarding various issues in the cyber space. However, blog stands for web log which is an internet service and can be treated as an “online diary” where all the entries are stored in a reverse chronological order. It allows the users (known as bloggers) to post whatever they want to share with the others.
What is Blog?
Initially, the idea behind blog was to allow the users share their thoughts in the cyber space. But, by time the use of blog has been diversified and use of blog for commercial purposes has been started. So, at present blogs can be divided into two major segments. The first type includes those used for sharing personal thoughts and beliefs and merely has any commercial purpose. The contents shared in this type of blogs may include personal experience, thoughts and beliefs, discussion about sociopolitical issues etc. The other type, that is, the professional or organizational blogs are solely used for commercial purposes. These are used for publicity of kinds of products. Advertisements and product reviews are posted in these blogs in order to keep the consumers updated about the products. Also, the consumers can learn about the pros and cons of a particular product from these blogs before they go shopping for it.
How to Start a Blog.
Starting a blog is not a difficult thing to do now a days and both WordPress and blogger allows you the drag and drop facility and almost require zero coding or language knowledge. I have already written a series of articles mention below to set a new blog.
- How to create your own free blog on blogger
- Which one to choose blogger or WordPress
- 5 Awesome Tips to choose the right domain name
- Cheap webhosting in Pakistan
- Buy Hostgator webhosting in just 0.01 dollars
- Redirect blogger blog to top level domain
- Install wordpress in just 10 steps
- 10 Essential wordpress settings after installation
- 10 Best free wordpress themes
- Top 10 On Page SEO Tips
- Top 10 Off Page SEO Strategies
3 More Excellent Blogging Resources
There are unlimited amount of resources and learning materiel available on internet that can help you build an awesome blog but i am sharing just 3 external resources which can help you alot.
- Blog Mastermind Blog Mentoring Program – one of the best coaching and training course going around on blogging.
- Become a Blogger Videos – a free series of videos that talks new bloggers through how to set up a blog. Easy to understand and best of all, free.
- Blog Profits Blueprint – a free report on how to build profitable blogs.
Whatever the purpose of the blog is, responsibility of all the contents in a blog lies on the blogger. It includes the comments left by the blogger as well as the viewers. So, the blogger should make it very clear that no abuse will be tolerated and should immediately remove all the annoying, abusive or offensive comments. Also, the blog should be updated on a regular basis. Comments and queries should be replied as soon as possible. Blogs shouldn’t be used for spreading rumors. As the contents of the blog define the blogger, those should be chosen carefully.
Blogging could really be a very exciting endeavor. It provides the opportunity to evaluate a person’s thoughts as well as to earn money.