There are many ways through which you can change Windows 7 Logon screen and insert your own picture or wallpaper of your choice. One of the best free software to change windows 7 Logon screen is Stardocks Logon Studio. This program is also available for Windows XP and you can download both software from the link given at the end of this post. But if you are bit like me who don’t use software’s for every purpose than today i am going to share a registry hack trick through which you can easily change Windows 7 Logon Screen and get rid of old and boring Windows 7 Logon screen.
1. First click on Start button and then click on Search field and enter word REGEDIT in it.
2. REGEDIT icon should appear on top of start menu. Right-click on REGEDIT and select “Run As Administrator”.
3. After that windows will ask for permission. Just lick Yes button and Windows Registry Editor should open.
4. Now you have to browse the following key in order to change some registry entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Authentication / LogonUI / Background
5. Now select Background folder from the left Pane by just clicking once on it.
6. After that Right-Click on right side of the Registry Editor and select DWORD (32-bit) value from the popup menu.
7. Right click on newly created entry and select Rename. Enter word OEMBackground and click OK button.
8. Again double-click on this entry and set its value to 1.
9. Now Close the Registry Editor, open My Computer and browse the following folder.
C: / Windows / System32 / oobe / info / backgrounds
10. Copy paste the image or wallpaper you want to show on Logon in this folder and rename it backgroundDefault.
11. Reboot and enjoy the New Logon.